I finally finished a black corduroy coat for my Etsy shop: The Educated Flea
Everything takes longer than I want it to, but I think this came out great so it was worth the wait. This is the same pattern as the pink wool one that I put shoulder pads in (Hello Dolly Boutique pattern).
I decided to skip the pads since I want this coat to fit a variety of dolls, and the shoulder pads do take up a little room.
Speaking of fitting dolls, I need to take some of my Etsy things, or duplicates of them, to doll meets so I can ask folks to try them on their SD dolls. It would be nice to list a range of dolls the garments fit.
Anyway, black is hard to work on in anything but good, strong, natural daylight. So the short winter days limit my sewing hours. I'm glad I finished sewing it before it started raining buckets, although I did manage to photograph during a rainy day. I am using 75w equivalent daylight florescent lightbulbs in cheap heat lamp reflectors from the home improvement store.
The color temp is ok but the light is not very bright. However, it is bright enough to make for dramatic shadows. I suppose dramatic shadows will have to be a "feature" from now on.
More photos of the coat.
|Added a half-belt to give the coat a more defined waist.|
|The blown-out highlights illustrate my photographic ineptitude.|
|Daft me set the lining in by hand. I actually enjoy that part of the process!|